How to Change Baby’s Diaper
Changing a baby's diaper is a common task that all parents or caregivers need to learn how to do. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Gather all the necessary supplies such as a clean diaper, wipes, diaper cream (if necessary), and a changing mat or towel.
- Place your baby on the changing mat or towel, undo the snaps or tabs on the dirty diaper and gently lift your baby's legs by the ankles with one hand while holding your baby's hips with the other hand.
- Use the front of the dirty diaper to gently wipe away any mess from your baby's bottom, then use wipes to clean your baby's skin. Be sure to wipe from front to back to prevent any infections.
- If your baby has a diaper rash or sensitive skin, apply diaper cream to prevent any irritation.
- Take the dirty diaper out from under your baby and use the clean side to gently pat your baby's skin dry.
- Slide a fresh diaper under your baby, making sure the back of the diaper is at your baby's waistline.
- Bring the front of the diaper up between your baby's legs and fasten the tabs or snaps securely. Make sure the diaper is snug but not too tight.
- Dress your baby in clean clothes.
- Dispose of the dirty diaper and wipes in a diaper pail or trash can.
Remember to always keep a hand on your baby to prevent them from rolling off the changing table or mat. Also, never leave your baby unattended on the changing table.